Critical Reading and Writing Instructor
We’re seeking experienced, engaging and enthusiastic Humanities teachers to help teach our summer test prep courses. You will be working with top high school students, teaching courses in either Writing or Critical Reading.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the humanities or social sciences (English, Composition, History, etc.).
- Some prior teaching or tutoring experience.
- Must be available to teach the entirety of our summer term, June 15th – August 8th.
- Must be available either from 8:30 AM -1:00 PM or 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Experience with test prep (SAT/PSAT/ACT).
- Strong record of excellence in the classroom.
- Engaging and enthusiastic teaching style
- We provide paid training and all course materials.
- Flexible schedule, with several locations to choose from (Carmel Valley and 4S Ranch).
- Work alongside some of the best and most experienced teachers in the city, in an environment where teaching is strongly valued.
- For young teachers, this is a great opportunity to gain experience and learn from the best.
- Teach the best and brightest students in San Diego. You will have fun in the classroom and get to design creative and challenging lessons.
- Teach real skills, not tricks, and strategies. We’re not asking you to walk students through worksheets. We study texts and teach high-level concepts.
- We are a growing company. For outstanding performers, there are always opportunities for advancement.